Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Steampunk Necklace Swap/Exchange


This necklace was done for an exchange swap.  We were to make a steampunk necklace using a metal tin.  I used a lip gloss, or moo tin for mine.  The necklace part is done with delicas in a smoke silver, some clear dynamyte beads and some ivory shell beads.  On the outside of the tin (which slides down to show the inside) I used a couple of watch faces, a long vintage aged key, some abalone buttons, a handmade lampwork bead in green and brown, and a couple of random jewelry accents.

Inside I added a pendelum and minature bottle of sand for my themed piece "Sands of Time and a Pendelum Swings". 

I am working on another one which just "fell together".  I need to work on the inside and then design the necklace portion.  I love designing and making pins, necklace and bracelets. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bend, OR, United States
I have recently started some new artistic journeys. A slight branch in the road from my first love which is painting. I am hoping to combine my painting abilities with a bit of mixed media to stretch my creativity and think outside the box. I am also doing quite a bit of jewelry design and love the steampunk assemblage although I also love creating jewelry using handmade glass lampwork. Hopefully my journey and the information/photos on this blog will inspire others to think outside the box. Please check out my other blog and my Etsy site by going to my website. http://www.dianaputnam.com Thanks for stopping by....

Followers