Monday, May 24, 2010

Vintage Window


I am not sure just where this window falls into the scheme of things in the mixed media artistic world but I just refer to it as trash to treasure.  I found the
vintage window in one of our antique consignment stores and it was just the color I needed ... chippy and ready to use.  The hand crocheted piece I hunted for and found on Ebay.  It's original use was on the back of a vintage couch to protect the upholstery as heads lay to rest on it but makes a perfect little curtain topper.     I purchased a short curtain rod which I attached to the window and this hangs in my spare bedroom over the bed....kinda' acting like a headboard which the bed doesn't have.  There are no windows in the room so this acts as a faux window accent. 

I love taking things that are something and using in a totally different context.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bend, OR, United States
I have recently started some new artistic journeys. A slight branch in the road from my first love which is painting. I am hoping to combine my painting abilities with a bit of mixed media to stretch my creativity and think outside the box. I am also doing quite a bit of jewelry design and love the steampunk assemblage although I also love creating jewelry using handmade glass lampwork. Hopefully my journey and the information/photos on this blog will inspire others to think outside the box. Please check out my other blog and my Etsy site by going to my website. http://www.dianaputnam.com Thanks for stopping by....

Followers